Saturday 11 January 2014

THE SECRET BEHIND TRUE HAPPINESS – By Dr Jose Paul M.D.


  Are you happy? Not always.
  Why? Here is the answer.
  Happiness is a state of mind resulting from peace. What you need is peace, quotidian and all-encompassing peace. You should have peace with your spirit, mind and body. Peace cannot be understood as pacification or the mere absence of violence. You should have peace with the people around you and the surrounding world. Is it possible? I would say practically impossible in this largely profane and cut-throat world.
  In John 3:3 (NIV) of Bible, Jesus Christ said to Nicodomeus, the Pharisee: “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.” Kingdom of God is the abode of all happiness. In fact, the Gospel message always begins with a greeting of peace. The message of peace is the conviction that the unity brought by the Spirit can harmonise every diversity and it’s not a negotiated settlement.
  Every descendent of Adam is born with the seed of sin acquired through Adam who has disobeyed God. No one can escape from the sinful nature. So one can not but, sin by nature because he is motivated by the sinful nature which he inherited from Adam. Law can not help him as this sinful nature is with him even at his birth. “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16).
 The word of God is loud and clear. “Christ died for our sins as written in the scriptures; that he was buried and that he was raised to life three days later, as written in the scriptures (1Corintians 14:3-4).
 “If you confess that Jesus is Lord and believe that God raised him from death, you will be saved. For it is by faith that we are put right with God; it is by our confession that we are saved.” (Romans 10:9-10).
  “This is because Christ, offered one sacrifice for all the sins, an offering that is effective for ever”( Hebrews 10:12).
 This is how the death of a sinless person becomes the sacrifice for the sins of the whole world. Do you believe this? Then you are saved. You are then no more under the clutches of sin because you are buried with Christ and raised to eternal life with Him. Then if you “live or die you will be with Christ” (Romans 14:8)… the abode of all happiness and joy. Now there is nothing which prevents you from being happy.
  My dear friends, this is the secret of my happiness. I will be true if I say that I am always happy and enjoy this happiness. This is the joy of salvation. Whether you live or die you will be happy because you will be with Christ always. Don’t you also want this happiness?  This is the joy which the world can not take away from you. Yes, I know in the heart of hearts you want it. If you are not born again you, offer your body, mind and spirit fully to God. Accept Jesus Christ as you Lord and Saviour and live according to the word of God. Renounce the world, the devil and flesh for ever.
   If you are not a born again so far, please close the door and kneel down in front of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ and repeat this prayer:
 “Dear Lord Jesus, I believe You are the Son of God. I believe You died for me on the cross and shed Your blood for my salvation. I believe You rose from the dead and ascended on high. I believe You are coming back again to the Earth.
 Dear Jesus, I am a sinner. Forgive my sin. Cleanse me now with Your precious blood. Come into my heart. Save my soul right now. I give You my life. I receive You right now as my Saviour, my Lord and my God.
I am Yours forever, and I will serve You and follow You for the rest of my days. From this moment on, I belong to You only. I no longer belong to the world, the devil nor to the sin. I proclaim Jesus Christ is my Lord… heaven is my home and I am born again. Amen”
  By praying this prayer, confessing your sins and receiving Jesus Christ into your heart, God has given you the right to become His child. The bible gives you this assurance: “But as many as received Him, to them He gave the power to become the sons of God, even to them who believe on His name.” (John 1:12)
  Now you are born again and God the Father has raised you with His Son to sit along with Him on His right hand in heaven. As 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”
 Jesus Christ has made all things one in Himself: heaven and earth, God and man, time and eternity, flesh and spirit, person and society. The sign of unity and reconciliation of all things in Him is peace. Christ “is our peace”.
 (The writer is the Director and Senior Consultant in internal medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Thodupuzha.)


No comments: