Saturday 13 September 2014

Tackle rejection from your dear ones… with Jesus in Gethsamane

 Some of us might have faced rejection from our relatives, friends and colleagues. It’s a sensitive situation that can put you off for a long time a la the dying embers in the grate. This can happen in your house, workplace and even in the church.
 Rejection can be a harrowing experience if it comes from your close relatives. You’re completely at a loss, not knowing how to tackle it. Should you retaliate? And any retaliation can become a permanent fissure.
  Brother Thomas Paul, a Catholic charismatic preacher who comes on Shalom television channel frequently, says this can be tackled quite comfortably. In fact, you should happy when you face rejection or insult from your close people.
  Bro Paul once went to the UK for preaching some time ago. When he reached the UK, one family invited him to stay in their house. The lady of the house was keen that Bro Paul should stay in their house. He asked why. “I have many things to say about my personal life. I need your counseling and prayers,” she said.
  Bro Paul listened to her story. It was a story of rejection and slight from family members, relatives and friends. She was leading a wretchedly unhappy life. “I prayed for her. I saw a vision where Jesus was praying in Gethsemane. I saw this lady consoling Jesus in the vision,” Bro Paul said.
  Jesus knew what was going to happen next – His capture, trial and crucifixion.
  Read Luke 22:36-40: Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, “Sit here while I go over there and pray.” He took Peter and the two sons of Zebedee along with him, and he began to be sorrowful and troubled. Then he said to them, “My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.”  Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Not my will , but your will be done” Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleeping. “Could you men not keep watch with me for one hour?” he asked.
  Imagine the degree of persecution, rejection, humiliation, insult and the physical assault that Jesus faced after Gethsamane. What you or I are facing is nothing when compared to that harrowing experience. “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you,” says John 15:18.  
  “When you encounter rejection and slight from your family members,       
think about Jesus in Gethsamane. She was pleasantly surprised when I told her about the vision. She became overjoyed when I mentioned about seeing her consoling Jesus. Her sorrows and despair disappeared when she realized that she is consoling Jesus whenever she faced rejection and insult from her dear ones,” Bro Paul said.
 You should be happy when you face rejection and insult from your dear ones for no fault of yours.   
 You are likely to come across rejection and insults in the future also. Don’t get despondent and dispirited, you’re with Jesus. He will never forsake you. What you must do without fail is pray for people who reject or insult you. You must pray that the Spirit of God should act on them.  Jesus said to His disciples, “The one who hears you hears me, and the one who rejects you rejects me, and the one who rejects me rejects him who sent me”: Luke 10:16.
 You’re in Gethsamane with Jesus.